Replace shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

texasCarla

Reaction score
I have a fiberglass shower that is leaking, (its on the ground floor slab foundation). I poured water around the drain and the water disappeared so I figured the drain need to be replaced. I got the castle screw off and the rubber gasket, but the the bras drain part it self will not come out. Per Lowes its suppose to just pull off. It turns but will not lift off. Any suggestion as to how I can get this out.

texasCarla

Reaction score
I have a fiberglass shower that is leaking, (its on the ground floor slab foundation). I poured water around the drain and the water disappeared so I figured the drain need to be replaced. I got the castle screw off and the rubber gasket, but the the bras drain part it self will not come out. Per Lowes its suppose to just pull off. It turns but will not lift off. Any suggestion as to how I can get this out.
Really no one has a single suggestion???

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest a closeup photo. 800 pixels and 200 KB or less.

texasCarla

Reaction score
I suggest a closeup photo. 800 pixels and 200 KB or less.
It will lift up only 1/4". This drain is original with the house which is 15 yrs old.
20160905_092645.jpg

texasCarla

Reaction score
Thanks, I knew it wouldnt be as easy as the "kid" from Lowes told us, guess we will put it back together and silicone the heck out of it. Cant afford a plumber

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks