Replace rear drain with a ground drain toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Amit Arora

Reaction score
Hi all, our rear drain toilet got broken. I am not able to find one in market readily available, have to order and price is high. Is it advisable to create a platform for the ground drain toilet and place it high enough to join the rear flange outlet to ground drain with the elbows and couplers etc.

Amit Arora

Reaction score
Somewhat like this..

1621s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuff

Reaction score
It is not advisable but has been done. You will probably end up with a 1' high platform and need a step to get up to it. It would become a royal throne! I've seen a basement where they raised the entire bathroom floor with a step at the door. Ceiling height can be an issue.

You may need to remove drywall and change fittings in the wall depending on what piping you have now.

You should check with the building material recycling places like Habitat For Humanity. Lots of times they have odd pieces.

Is this a macerating toilet? Why can't the drain be moved to the floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks