Replace or Repair Gas water heater

Repairable or do i have to replace boiler?

• Repairable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace and buy a new one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

jettajay

Reaction score
Currently have water leaking from the top of Bradford White (Model: m2xr75s6bn10). By looking at these pictures, is it time for a replacement or is there a DIY remedy to stop from leaking?

New homeowner and clueless. Help please
Jay
jettajay@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That depends on whether it's the fittings before the water heater, or if the water has started leaking.
Dry everything off and see if it's coming from the pipes above the water heater.

Reach4

Reaction score
Looks like good news to me. It looks like it is the union and nipple that need replacing.

So you already knew where the water was coming out of. Were you thinking that the nipple was part of the water heater?

jettajay

Reaction score
I'm getting these pictures and info from my housemate. I'm currently out of town, and he texted me what was going on.

He took a video after draining the whole boiler. He mentioned the water was leaking from that pipe as well as the flue (in the center).

Any idea on an estimate that this repair will cost?

Reach4

Reaction score
Water leaking from the flue? That does not fit with what I was thinking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks