Replace Laundry Slop Sink Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

DanDIY

Reaction score
So my goal is to replace my slop sink faucet.

My question comes from what is the technique to replace this faucet. There seems to be no play in anything so that even if I unscrew the nut on the faucet of turn the pipe so it loosens, how to you disconnect the faucet from the pipe. The faucet rests on the sink.

Do I start with removing the underlying sink so that the faucet rests on nothing? Then I can start unscrewing the nuts on the faucet which will disconnect the faucet from the pipe. Then i can just rescrew the new faucet on to those pipes?

Pic3.jpg

Another thought I had was to remove the pipe altogether by cutting it in the middle, unscrew the pipes on both ends (faucet and elbow side). Then I can get a piece (not sure of the terminology) that will screw into the faucet and elbow that has a sweat/mip connection. Then I can just sweat a copper pipe into both fittings to add a new copper pipe. But for some reason I am feeling that is not the way to go about this.

The biggest issue is that there is no play here, so I am not sure how the original person who installed this perfectly fitted the pipe into the faucet and elbow. Something obviously was removed. I dont know the order. Was the faucet installed directly on the sink, then the two pipes and then the elbow? Or is the elbow first, then the pipes, then the faucet dangling until the sink was installed?

Pic2.jpg

2018-05-25 20.42.25.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Start with the two large nuts (counterclockwise to open).
The faucet would come off easy.
Next, remove the nut/coupling from the risers (clockwise to open). Use a second wrench to hold the riser in place.

Now you can install your new faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks