Replace faucet through vapor barrier

Users who are viewing this thread

deedubs

Reaction score
I have a steam shower and so it has a vapor barrier under the tile. I need to replace a valve cartridge which controls the water volume on my shower (regular water shower, independent of steam system). These are Kohler Purist valves. When I take off the trim work, there's an opening for screws but they are empty. So it must be attached differently. I assume they didn't use screws because they would pierce the barrier. The vapor barrier seals the valve in so I can't see behind it. The barrier is clear plastic, fairly thick.

To remove the valve cartridge, I'm assuming I'll need to destroy / disturb the vapor barrier. So my question is, once the new valve cartridge is installed, how do I repair the vapor barrier. Want to maintain "perfect" seal.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks