Replace bathroom sink supply lines of rigid Grey plastic

Users who are viewing this thread

TinkeringTyrion

Reaction score
Supply lines for the bathroom sink are made of a gray rigid plastic and there's no way to unscrew anything it's all like glued and crimped or something I can't figure it out also the valves are made of plastic entirely. When I try to look up DIY guides for this they all reference or show easily unscrewed, flexible supply lines. I don't see any reference to a rigid plastic system which uses epoxy instead of threading. The reason I want to replace it is that the new faucet won't fit the brass top screw ons on the ends of the pvc line or whatever the hell it is.

TinkeringTyrion

Reaction score
Can
How about a photo ?
opncamra_20200126_025852.jpg

MKS

Reaction score
It maybe polybutylene.
Apears to be not in use now.
Looks like there are many push on type fittings available.

sharkbite_pb_pex.jpg

PEX to Poly adapter.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's poly. You'll have to convert it to something you can work with, either above or below the shutoff. If the shutoffs still work, you could convert to pex using a sharkbite coupling which accepts poly on one side and pex on the other. Then attach a push stop to the pex nub. Use a regular lavatory supply tube up to the faucet.

TinkeringTyrion

Reaction score
Thank you very much I followed everything except for "use a push stop to the PEX nub" are you saying that the pex that fits to the coupler should be a short length of line which then gets fitted to a new steel flex supply line? is this push stop threaded? if so I think I get it, if not, then how do I end up with something to screw the new flex line onto? or is the pex going to reach all the way up to the faucet? thanks

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you very much I followed everything except for "use a push stop to the PEX nub" are you saying that the pex that fits to the coupler should be a short length of line which then gets fitted to a new steel flex supply line? is this push stop threaded? if so I think I get it, if not, then how do I end up with something to screw the new flex line onto? or is the PEX going to reach all the way up to the faucet? thanks
The push-on stop will push on to the PEX nub and the stop will have 3/8 compression threads on the outlet side which the supply tube will attach to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks