Replace 2” deep well jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeK44

Reaction score
I would like to replace my jet pump but I am not sure what adapter I need. The motor is 1/2 HP and there is a 2 pipe coming from the well with a 1” (not sure on size) pipe inside the 2” pipe. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sounds like just a shallow well jet with one pipe going down hole to a foot valve. Doesn't sound like it has a casing adapter like is needed with a two pipe deep well pump using a packer. If so there is no special adapter.

Reach4

Reaction score
Joe, you may want to post a photo of your current pump, pressure switch, and the pressure tank and nearby pipes.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
there is a 2 pipe coming from the well
Not meaning to critique the grammar but not sure how to interpret the use of singular. Are there two pipes coming from the well and going into the pump? If so, the adapter is on the top of the well casing. You need a pump that has provision for two pipes and possibly a regulator to control how much pressure/volume goes to the packer.

JoeK44

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I will get some pictures later.

There are two pipes coming from the well that are concentric. Outer pipe is 2” and inner pipe is maybe 1”. When you remove the 2” pipe from the jet pump you see the 1” pipe going into the adapter on the pump. The 2” pipe fits over top the adapter coming out of the pump.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I'm guessing that what you have is a vertically mounted pump directly on top of the well casing. Are you planning to us a different style of pump that is not vertically mounted and then use two pipes (side-by-side) from the top of the casing over to the pump?

JoeK44

Reaction score
Not the best pictures.

Attachments

• 0A507DFF-9D90-4B45-A249-89C1B0A5B13B.jpeg
    0A507DFF-9D90-4B45-A249-89C1B0A5B13B.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 308
  • B7172021-3EBB-43C1-9E8B-29915467D9C4.jpeg
    B7172021-3EBB-43C1-9E8B-29915467D9C4.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 77EC4480-2F3E-49F0-BA37-E9BFB04369F8.jpeg
    77EC4480-2F3E-49F0-BA37-E9BFB04369F8.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 329

JoeK44

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on replacing the pump based on the pictures? I think I am going to have someone come out and look at it but if there were parts I can buy I can replace. I am not not sure what parts I need.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You didn't answer my questions about whether the old pump is vertical and what you want to replace it with. Those vertical pumps usually have a 2" casing adapter version.

JoeK44

Reaction score
The pump is not vertical on the well casing
In the pictures above there is a 2” pipe coming from the well into the crawl space that connects to the pump. I would like to get the same setup but not sure on the adapter that i need.

Reach4

Reaction score
While people are working on that game, here is another: guess what this is:
3088513590_cf6a34075c_b.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The pump is not vertical on the well casing
I cannot tell from the pictures which way is up and it doesn't matter which way the pump is up either. A vertical pump is still called a vertical pump even if it is installed horizontally. We cannot tell what you have from those pics and we cannot guess what you intend to replace it with.

As I said, vertical pumps are sold with a casing adapter. Just buy one that is for 2" casing. If you want to use a horizontal pump, there are adapters for them, either to bolt directly onto the pump, or to run two pipes from the adapter to the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks