Repipe and water heater inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

TheGewp

Reaction score
Is the WH inspection dependent on the plumbing inspection? I'm a little nervous about having the repipe inspected before the WH because i still have my 40 gal tank hooked up until i get the tankless inspected. I don't want to fail the repipe for no earthquake straps and temporary 48" WH supply lines.

Also, are there any common inspection fail points in a repipe that i should check for? I've left my walls open for now so everything can be seen. Thanks!

Dana

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Also, are there any common inspection fail points in a repipe that i should check for? I've left my walls open for now so everything can be seen. "

Regardless what materials you used, if there is a leak, chances are that it will be in a connection, so leaving the walls open is good. I inspect for leaks before the inspector arrives.

When the inspector comes, you better have everything hooked up and under pressure, or he will tell you to call back and leave. Don't leave anything undone, straps, pipe insulation (where required), shut offs, etc. Some inspectors will get pissed off if called when you are not ready.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks