Repairing a leaking Grohe shower, any replacement parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Astig

Reaction score
My son decided to have fun in the shower and ended up with a shower handle that just turns and water leaking from the faucet. I have the Grohe Europlus as discussed in these threads...

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....rohe-europlus-ii-tub-handle-19-716-000.65838/

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....rtridge-replacement-19-716.60063/#post-722745

I removed the set screw by soaking it in wd40 and applying some heat. I still could not pull it out so I twisted it until it snapped. I would need a new handle and lever.

20220929_001915.jpg

I turned the cartridge all the way down but there was still leaking so I assume I would need to replace it.

Am I right in thinking that my shopping list would be
- new handle (1)
- new lever adapter (4)
- new cartridge (47080)

Or are there replacement/substitute parts I can use?

europlus-parts.jpg

grohe-35210-parts.jpg

Also, are these water stops?

20220928_135150.jpg

20220928_135228.jpg

They have a retaining clip and are not fully round. Every video I have seen would turn them with ease. These stops seem to be stuck.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The slotted screws on the inlets are stops. To repair them another shut-off valve needs to be located. It appears the valve has been misidentified. The upper right hand corner of the brass cover looks to have "EF" imprinted on it. This would require a different cartridge. To confirm you can remove the cap once the water is turned off. The "Ehanced Flow " cartridge is grey while all others are black. Hopefully these links will help.

Astig

Reaction score
The slotted screws on the inlets are stops. To repair them another shut-off valve needs to be located. It appears the valve has been misidentified. The upper right hand corner of the brass cover looks to have "EF" imprinted on it. This would require a different cartridge. To confirm you can remove the cap once the water is turned off. The "Ehanced Flow " cartridge is grey while all others are black. Hopefully these links will help.

You are right! It does have EF on it.

Any idea why the stops would not turn with ease? Does it need significant force?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is what the stops look like. The threads in the valve body most likely have a hard water or calcium buildup. Once the water is off these can be removed with ring nose pliers. These can be soaked in white vinegar and with a copper fitting brush and vinegar the stop body should be able to be cleaned as well.

1664468340916.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks