Repair fill valve in Duravit Metro? B3800E

Users who are viewing this thread

ivan2009

Reaction score
My 3 year-old Duravit Metro moans during refill after each flush. The sound and vibration is definitely coming from the fill valve. This toilet appears to use a WDI B3800E fill valve. Is it possible to replace the O-ring in that valve, assuming that it is the source of the problem, or must a new fill valve be obtained? It certainly is not easy finding information on Duravit and/or WDI replacement parts on-line. The Duravit web site is total marketing fluff and zero technical content. Then the WDI plumbing site looks geared more to wholesale customers who plan to purchase thousands of parts at at time. Maybe Duravit is supposed to be good, but if something goes wrong you're really on your own. And no, I didn't purchase the Duravit; it was in the house when I bought it.

Anyways, if repairing or replacing the WDI fill valve is not feasible, is it possible to use a different and hopefully more commonly available fill valve in place of it? Thanks and Happy New Year.

B3800E.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A Fluidmaster 400A should be a good replacement fill valve...
Certainly an upgrade as far as I'm concerned...

ivan2009

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I bought a FluidMaster 400A and installed it without any problem. I did need to sand away a bit of build up in the tank so that the shank washer would form a true seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks