Renovating and reusing 'princess tub'

Users who are viewing this thread

Dzd9fy2

Reaction score
As the title says, renovating a 1950 bathroom and keeping the original 'princess tub'. Not sure how to post pics but if you google the term you will see an image of a lady in full on 1950"s in this unique placement of a tub diagonally in a 4 foot square opening with bubble and reading and maybe a glass of wine. But I digress....

Our tub has the drain at the right front and the tub goes 45 degrees to the left rear. Two things I would like to do are use modern fixtures such as a hand held or an overhead AND a glass enclosure of sorts. No curtain unless we cannot make this work.

Suggestions on where to place the head to minimize water spray and suggestions on style of glass enclosure?

Reach4

Reaction score
s the title says, renovating a 1950 bathroom and keeping the original 'princess tub'. Not sure how to post pics but if you google the term you will see an image of a lady in full on 1950"s in this unique placement of a tub diagonally in a 4 foot square opening with bubble and reading and maybe a glass of wine.
I find these
1947-cinderella-bath-tub-from-american-standard.jpg
http://www.bathtubreglazingtoronto.ca/cinderella-tubs-princess-bathtubs-mayflowers.html

pink-cinderella-tub-retro.jpg

Dzd9fy2

Reaction score

This is the exact configuration that I have, with the orientation of the tub as well as the spout and controls; the existing shower head is in line with the spout where this one appears to be closer to the outside of the tub?. Thankfully the entire forward edge of the tub is clear and not obstructed as shown above with a sink.

So, given this layout what are the thoughts on laying out the fixtures to allow for minimal splash and some sort of glass enclosure? Right now the walls are completely stripped so i can move the supply anywhere on the existing wall or even the back one, though I question that adding any value.

Thanks!

Dzd9fy2

Reaction score
Thanks Doug.....

Unfortunately this is the only remaining tub in the house, and I have been unable to find something that will fit within the existing opening. Going larger is not feasible as it would require moving walls in the adjoining room which is not an option.

Dzd9fy2

Reaction score
So anyone else have thoughts other than cut up and dispose, and thus eliminate having a tub given the size??????

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks