Removing this type of supply line from bathroom faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

dveiga

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm attempting to replace the faucet in our bathroom, and I've removing the nut around the supply line, however it seems that the supply line (a really really hard non-flexible type of rubber) is embedded into the supply line valve. It also seems that it does the same thing to the bottom of the faucet handles, never seen this before.

Anyone have a recommendation on how to remove the lines? I have everything unscrewed, it's just the lines that need to be taken out so I can put new lines and the new faucet in.

I've attached 2 pics so you can see.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4,022
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,142

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry is right as always. But to add to what he said...The white plastic lines are stuck up in the holes so you need to pull down while sort of twisting the white plastic pipe. Once you get them out of one end or the other, the other should be easy. Be sure to get new supply lines as Terry said. You can get the same type or you can take the ones you have to the hardware store with the nuts at either end. That way if the nuts that hold the supply lines in place are different you can get a pre-made supply line with the same ends. Also it should be easy to get the proper length too. A little extra is usually ok and if it is too long you can put a loop in it. You do not want it to be kinked so the water will not flow. Good luck!

dveiga

Reaction score
Thanks, I pulled on them and finally got them off. The installation of the faucet took longer than expected because of the nuts under the faucet. I'm a big guy so trying to get under my sink and twisting 1/4" every time took a while :)

In the end tho, looks great, better than the old piece of junk that was there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks