Removing Spray On Insulation from Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Bert Lee

Reaction score
I want to replace an outdoor which would normally be a very straightforward homeowner job for me but when I looked at what's there and what I'd need I was reminded that the entire sill had been nicely spray foam insulated and the current valve, connection and part of the feed pipe and well covered in that insulation. And its a fairly tight corner space with a floor joist in close proximity so while there's some room there isn't a whole lot to maneuver in. I know that the mechanical removal is one option with chisels, blades and brushes but was curious if there were any other less tool and time intensive options to consider. I'd imagine this gets seen a lot by the pros.

Thank you,

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think you're going to get a lot of personal time with a scraper. We don't see that very often in our temperate rainy drizzly seattle climate. But I have had to scrape off a bit. I like to use a painters scraper that has a sharp blade with a bit of a point and a bit of a curve in it.

husky-paint-scrapers-18pt0846-64_100.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks