Removing single handle shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

DDE

Reaction score
hi. i'm trying to remove my shower handle. i already removed the small allen screw but i still can't pull it out. is there anything else that i need to take out? thanks!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
All depends on what show handle you have but most of the time it takes a good pull, you normally have a billed up of lime.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Oh, wait....lets be clear on terminology...
The "handle" is the chrome or brushed nickle finish handle...the "stem/ cartridge" is the actual working part of the valve the handle is attached to.
If your only taking the "handle" off and it's a moen...DON'T pull that clip!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen

Unless you remove the handle and stop tube, you can't even get to the clip. If it is a Delta lever handle shower valve, then the handle can corrode to the round stem on the ball. If so, you have to rotate it while pulling on it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks