Removing shutoff valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr Love

Reaction score
I had to cut away drywall to get to the back of my hose bib for replacement. While back there I decided I want to change my shutoff for the home from the older style gate valve to a quarter turn, plus hide this behind an access panel since cutting drywall away to get to it is stupid. (to be clear, the gate valve itself did stick outside, but I don't know how they got it on there, I had to cut it all away).

The picture shows the current shutoff. Main line from the street is the vertical pipe on the right, the left goes up to a hose bib then to the water heater, the bottom portion goes into the crawlspace to other hose bibs.

Question...how the heck am I supposed to cut away the valve and replace it, there's no wiggle room in the pipes

Attachments

• 4828692698847825884.jpg
    4828692698847825884.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 143

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
We use slip couplings.
Many plumbers also now use Viega Propress which avoids soldering and makes easy work of a project like yours.
Consider finding help from a plumbing contractor who uses Propress.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks