Removing separated injector from jacuzzi 1/2 shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

abeljda

Reaction score
Greetings, so I have been able to get the injector out of my shallow well 5srp3c jacuzzi pump, I did not know it had separated (see picture below) and after breaking the plastic nut off and finally getting that out now I cant get the rest of the injector out. I have tried wires, hooks, hemostats and it is just not budging. I was going to try and take apart the pump but I am not sure exactly what I will get into doing that and was hoping for some ideas on how to get this little plastic piece out of there. See the pictures below, any ideas much appreciated.

Attachments

• Stuck1.jpg
    Stuck1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Stuck2.jpg
    Stuck2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 286
  • stuck3.jpg
    stuck3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 260

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You might be able to pour CLR in there, and let it clean the iron from the O-ring that is probably what is holding it in.

Then bend a coat hanger in a L to reach to the bottom and pull it out.

Good Luck.

abeljda

Reaction score
Hello again Don. I did that last night, squirted some CLR down there. This morning I could get it to turn a bit tapping a extractor bit in there but I never could get it out. I tried the hanger, it would bend straight, tried drilling a hole thru what plastic I could get at and putting an awl thru there and trying to hook that and pull it, grabbing it with long needle nose until I pulled/broke off all the plastic I could get at, no love. I am now moving on to disassembly. Not sure I can even get at it that way. Thanks for the info.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello again Don. I did that last night, squirted some CLR down there. This morning I could get it to turn a bit tapping a extractor bit in there but I never could get it out. I tried the hanger, it would bend straight, tried drilling a hole thru what plastic I could get at and putting an awl thru there and trying to hook that and pull it, grabbing it with long needle nose until I pulled/broke off all the plastic I could get at, no love. I am now moving on to disassembly. Not sure I can even get at it that way. Thanks for the info.

You might try to make a V with a coat hanger, make it wider than the hole, so that when you push it in, It will have spring tension and lock into place when you try to remove it.

You could even use 2 at the same time.

Hard for me to explain I hope you understand the theory of operation.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks