Removing Sch 80 PVC from top of pump 250 ft down. 1 inch pipe. 6 inch bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
1” sch80 takes between 6,000 and 8,000 lbs of pull to separate at a threaded connection. And will stretch 2-3 feet,

What has the pump stuck in the 6” borehole?

Can you push the pump down? Can you overshot the 1” with 2 or 3” galvanized and bump the pump down or knock out the obstruction?

Leaky Boot

Reaction score
Another pump outfit pulled on it until pipe broke just a few feet down in the casing. The overshot would likely get it back down but along with the pipe too. I would like to just get the pipe out then maybe knock the pump to the bottom and the rock it is hanging on and leave them there. My experience with hang ups and pulling is the top will pop off the topmost joint as it has the most weight and the bottom would be the last to go.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks