Removing old kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

dannyp522

Reaction score
I have an old faucet that I wanted to replace. When I looked underneigth I couldn't understand what I needed to do to unscrew it. It wasn't the standard that I'd seen on the forums or youtube videos (I'm a newbee). I've asked a few friends and they are also stumped. Can someone tell me how I'd go about removing this black section (highlighted in yellow in one photo) and then unscrewing this gold section below it? Also, do the screws do anything? They are corroded and one broke off. I'd rather not ruin the stainless steel sink that's attached but the black part seems to be attached to it (somehow)?

Finally, how much would someone charge me (ballpark) to remove this section (it may need to be cut/hacked away). Trying to decide if it's worth calling in a pro.
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0193.JPG

Thanks in advance for any help.

dannyp522

Reaction score
Yo unscrew the hose, then remove the locknut above it.

Thanks. Once I got in there and did that it was easier than I thought. I guess it just threw me off. Found a youtube video of someone else who had this same one. Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks