Removing Jacuzzi Air Control Knobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Astro46

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the rubber plunger below the center On/Off control. In order to do this, the plate needs to be removed, and in order to remove it, the 2 air control knobs have to be removed. Simple, eh?

Problem is the knobs won't pull off. There are designed to just pull off. Apparently some corrosion/mineral action is going on. I've tried pulling on them with a pliers.

The supplier doesn't have a good idea, short of spraying with WD-40. Makes no sense to me since it just drips in around the knob, but won't to, and up, the center stem. But, hey, I tried it anyway. After a couple of hours the knobs still didn't pull off.

Anyone have an idea of how to deal with this? Hot air gun on knob, hoping I don't melt anything?

phmgTIC.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks