Removing Galtmaster cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

colbrown

Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. Any advice on how i remove the cartridge for my 3 handle galtmaster bath tub faucets? I am down to the retaining nut (image on the right) and when i remove the nut i can poke the black washer, but how do i remove and replace the cartridge? Also, will the cartridge removal be the same for the diverter?

Thanks,

Col

stuck handle0001.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Isn't that the diverter that you have taken apart? If there is a "black washer" under the nut, then the stem has to be unscewed to "push" it out. But usually, a faucet stem that looks like yours does NOT have the gasket and unscrewing the unit removes the entire mechanism. I have never heard of a "Galtmaster" faucet, which means it is probably some other brand with the Galtmaster name on it. The handles like like Harcraft, but can also be generic.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Try clearing some gunk away and see it that brass item with the threads for the trim sleeve.....will unscrew.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks