Removing drain & plug (Delta) from bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

nadaboring

Reaction score
Trying to replace the drain with drain plug in my bathtub. The plumbing is by Delta. The drain plug is a twist and pull or push type. I am having trouble removing that plug. Have twisted it endlessly in a clockwise motion trying to unscrew it but to no avail. Even went counter clockwise, nothing. I have the special tool requred to remove the drain itself but can't get beyond the plug. I need some advice. Thanks. Nadaboring.

nadaboring

Reaction score
to HJ and thanks

Thanks. Know there is no such thing as a dumb question but feel I might have posted one. Tried what you said, and voila, there's the screw as you described. Thanks..........nadaboring

swson

Reaction score
Trying to replace the drain with drain plug in my bathtub. The plumbing is by Delta. The drain plug is a twist and pull or push type. I am having trouble removing that plug. Have twisted it endlessly in a clockwise motion trying to unscrew it but to no avail. Even went counter clockwise, nothing. I have the special tool requred to remove the drain itself but can't get beyond the plug. I need some advice. Thanks. Nadaboring.

So what's a "know"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks