Removing broken plastic injector from shallow well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

abeljda

Reaction score
Greetings, been working on/against a shallow well pump and managed to snap off the injector at the bolt head see the pic below. I have a bolt extractor kit but too small. was wondering if anyone out there had any magic tricks for doing something brilliant like I did here... thank you

Attachments

• Broke.jpg
    Broke.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 282

Reach4

Reaction score
I am thinking that an internal pipe wrench would be the tool, but I don't know which brand/model is better.

Maybe sawing radial slots down barely to metal threads with a hacksaw blade, and then picking out the plastic with a steel dental pick, small screwdriver or other pick tool, would succeed.

Maybe it is time for a new pump, although if you located the venturi at a reasonable price, I can see why you would want to continue.

Last edited:

abeljda

Reaction score
Believe me I dont want to continue but this is a new pump really 5 years is not much on a jacuzzi. Kind of hard to find someone to work on this located where I am. Appreciate the reply and the internal pipe wrench is a good idea. I have found new venturi so I am on the mend hopefully.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks