Removing an ABS p-trap

Users who are viewing this thread

IanFromSanDiego

Reaction score
My kitchen sink drain has a p-trap that I think is made of ABS. The pipe has an outer diameter of 1-3/4". There are a number of pieces that appear to be glued together, but it all appears to be screwed with a threaded connection into a vertical pipe that comes up out of the slab. We are remodeling the kitchen, and I am trying to remove this pipe (so that we can install new cabinets, after which I will install a new p-trap and new sink). Any advice on how to get the old p-trap off? I tried using a pipe wrench, but it would not turn. I'm attaching a couple photos.
IMG_6678.jpg
IMG_6679.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
The adapter from an ABS pipe to a slip joint trap is called a trap adapter. The black part in Terry's picture is the trap adapter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks