Removing 15-Year-Old Flush-Mount 4-inch PVC Pipe Caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Skeezix

Reaction score
I have two 4-inch cleanouts both of which are capped with flush mount PVC caps. One of the caps has a slot in it that's about 1 to 2 inches long and 1/2 deep, the other has recessed hole that is about 1 or maybe 1.5 inch square. The caps are flush with the concrete that surrounds each.

The caps were installed 15 years ago and are now pretty well stuck. I need to remove them for clean-out purposes but I cannot find a tool that will fit either one. None of the people working in the plumbing stores in my area have heard of such a cap, much less even seen a tool that will fit.I found them on the internet but they cost around $20 to $25 plus another $10 to $15 for shipping.What can I use in place of a tool?

Reach4

Reaction score
4567-pasco-2.jpg
Click Inbox, above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks