Remote Pressure Balance valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Adrian Luna

Reaction score
For as long as i been in NYC ive always told customers and was aleays told they cant do the One side hot other side cold type of shower because they maybe scoulded.

Then i discovered remote pressure balance valves.

Has any one used these? Are they any good? Why havent they caught on?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is one example of an external, remote PB valve...http://www.watermark-designs.com/pdf/instruction/0000041.pdf

I think one reason they aren't all that popular is that it requires an access panel, adds to the cost (it's less expensive to build it into the valve) for both the materials and installation. Since it is a mechanical device, it will eventually need to be serviced, thus the requirement for the access panel, and it would likely be required during the inspection to verify that it actually exists.

Do not confuse a remote PB valve for a tempering valve...they do not do the same function.

Adrian Luna

Reaction score
This is one example of an external, remote PB valve...http://www.watermark-designs.com/pdf/instruction/0000041.pdf

I think one reason they aren't all that popular is that it requires an access panel, adds to the cost (it's less expensive to build it into the valve) for both the materials and installation. Since it is a mechanical device, it will eventually need to be serviced, thus the requirement for the access panel, and it would likely be required during the inspection to verify that it actually exists.

Do not confuse a remote PB valve for a tempering valve...they do not do the same function.

Yea but ive had people beg me to sell them the parts to do it.. Now i may have a way of doing so legally..

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
One problem with them is that their ports are VERY small. I have two of them from Grohe I would like to get rid of without throwing them in the scrap bin.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks