Remote "On / Off" indicator light for a submersible pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nofears67

Reaction score
The well for my home is located about 500 feet away. I can see the well building but cannot tell when the pump is running. I was wondering if there is some type of light that I could mount on a 4'-5' tall mast (mounted on my well bldg) that would illuminate green when the pump was running and red when it was off.

I would like to know if certain activites within the home are creating too much cycling on my pump.

I know pump panels have these lights but I am looking for something that can be wired remotely from the panel (about 15' away) and be weatherproof.

Thanks!

Nofears67

Reaction score
That is no problem, the problem is finding a weather proof light that has both green and red in it. Do you know of such a beast?

Thanks!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Why bother with 2 lights?

Wire a single light so that if the pump is on, the light is on. If the light is off, so is the pump.

Nofears67

Reaction score
I don't know, good point. Any idea where I can find such a weatherproof light that can be mounted on a mast?

Thanks for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks