Remodel cover plate for deck mounted bathroom faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

KirthGersen

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a quandary --

Existing bathroom counter tops are 3-hole, wide set. Valves are spaced 10" o-c, and spout is exactly halfway between.

I would like to replace faucets with Moen, single handle, 4" center set faucet, specifically the Moen "Adler" design.

But the Adler still requires 3 separate 1” holes, 2” o-c. It's not a true, single hole faucet.

Having a hard time finding a cover or "remodel" plate that would both hide the 10" wide set holes, and accommodate the Adler faucet.

Is there such a plate, anywhere? And if not, has anyone come up with a satisfactory solution?

Or should I just give it up and replace with a wide set faucet? ;-)

Note, the counter top is fake ("cultured") marble that seemed so popular in the 80s. Would like to eventually replace it with a quartz or similar counter top, but it's just not within budget right now.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might be able to use those outboard holes for say a soap dispenser on one side, and a lotion dispenser on the other, then drill whatever new holes you needed to make the new faucet fit. Worst case, you can probably find chrome snap in caps for those outboard holes.

KirthGersen

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks