Remodel and 3/4 supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

Wff68197

Reaction score
In the process of a large home remodel. Starting to re-plumb the master bedroom side converting most of the existing copper to PEX-A. Once I got into walls and traced copper lines I'm concerned about flow/pressure issues and hoping for advice. Currently in the master bath there is a 3/4 cold supply coming up through the slab that acted as the supply for the cold side of the master tub, shower, 2 vanity sinks and a hose bib. It continued on to supply the cold water input to 2 40 gallon hot water heaters in parallel in the attic that then fed the hot side of the master tub, shower, 2 vanity sinks, and the hot side of another tub/shower and vanity. So the single 3/4 line coming through slab was feeding at least 11 outputs.
My plan was to replace the 2 hot water heaters with a single tankless and trying to determine if I need to try and find another main line to feed it from? Or should I not worry about it and will the single 3/4 line be sufficient to run a large master shower (2 heads) as well as a second shower at same time? I dont have the GPM ratings of faucets or shower heads yet, and dont have water pressure readings, so just looking for general advice or am I overthinking possible issue of overrunning the 3/4 line capacity?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Definitely 1 inch I would decide if you want tio use two depending on the pressure and how much pipe there is along with other fixtures. It all kind of goes together.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Totally agree with above, 3/4 line picking all that up plus all the hot It will work and it might work ok but might be noticeable not desirable or code

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks