Remembering fathers today

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Remembering fathers today, and what they meant to us. The rough guy at times that instilled something tough in me, and sometimes intellectual. He taught me how to write convincingly and to the point. His smile would surprise me sometimes. I loved how he treated everyone he met the same, always with respect. He would battle back from setbacks. In his world, he created a place for people to find justice. And sometimes he was just that crazy guy that took his kids on daring adventures. Please share your thoughts of your fathers here with us too.

quesnel-67-mel.jpg

Here we are rounding up cedar logs from the lake, which we split to make decking for a dock.

terry-68-chainsaw.jpg

Here I am running the chainsaw.

mel-baker.jpg

He took us into the mountains, a place I love.

quesnel-pop-smoker.jpg

Smoking fish at the lake.

mel-allison-fish.jpg

Fishing with my sister Allison.

mel-pam-fireplace.jpg

And of course he showed us how to treat women too. Those two were so great together.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19900402&slug=1064400

My father died in 1990. The most moving thing about this obituary to me: "he quit school at age 11 and didn't graduate from high school until he was 22". That was because he had to work for support his family. Later he went to college, served under General Patton, was badly wounded in the Battle of the Bulge, graduated from the University of Washington Law School, was one of the incorporators of Bellevue Washington, the first elected Mayor of Bellevue, and then elected a judge. I wish he was still around today, like my mother (who is 101 and going strong).
James Packard Love

Navy4

Reaction score
My dad passed away in 2010. I still can't go other it and often remember how he was teaching me to learn to drive and play football. All what I have at this moment I own him. He is the best example and the strongest man in my life. Rest in peace my daddy! I'll never forget you.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Condonces to all of you. Lost mine on 4 /11/11 at 85 we grew closer as I got older. we all miss him.

AmeliaRobertson

Reaction score
I really appreciate my father, he is one of the most valuable people in my life. Fortunately, he is alive and well, which makes me very happy. Despite his years, he is full of energy! I have a very strict and rude father, but it is for these features that I appreciate him, thanks to him I grew up a strong and independent woman! I have a son who is 10 years old and my father really loves him and tries to teach him everything he knows. We often have a family vacation in a country house, so my father teaches him really cool skills that can be useful in completely different situations. For example, my son knows that it is necessary to use protective clothing while working with various tools, while using a chainsaw, it is necessary to use chainsaw chaps, and while using a grinder, special protective glasses are necessary. Of course, we do not allow the child to use these tools, he only watches the process, but judging by his eyes, he is really interested in it. I am sure that he will learn from this valuable experience and become a real man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks