Remedy for slow leak under pop-up assembly of Pfister Ladera LF-049-LR

Users who are viewing this thread

bang0r

Reaction score
Hi, I installed a Pfister Ladera LF-049-LR faucet/drain in my bathroom 2 days ago, and have
noticed a slow leak in the pop-up assembly area under the sink (picture 1). I would like to check with the forum, assuming no manufacturer defects, that beside taking the pop-up out and re-tightening, what else can I do to improve my chance of a water tight fix.

Will it help to coat all the gasket and the contact surface (see picture 2) with 100% pure silicone? Any other sealant that you can recommend for this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--wyn

Pfister.undersinkleak.jpg
Pfister.ladera.pg7.jpg

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your sink obviously has a lot of little pits in it. If one of those occurs where the seal contacts the bottom of the sink, there
could well be a leak. Myself, I find that about 60-70 percent of lavatory drain assemblies will also leak slowly down the
threads past the sealing washer and nut. In all cases, a liberal application of silicone caulk on the threads where the
rubber seal contacts them, and on the sealing surface of the sink will fix the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks