Relocating toilet on old house crawl space and septic tank

Users who are viewing this thread

dave milne

Reaction score
The new location for my toilet is nearest the outside wall on the same side of the house it presently is on. The main line to the septic tank slopes from where the old toilet location was to almost the full down hieghtof the crawl space, Can I make a straight drop from the clost flange to a long 90 to make the sloped run to the waste pipe y connecting to the septic tank. The problem with the old location was that is was an immediat 90 on a very short run and always would plug. We are remodeliing and puttin a shower in where the toilet use to be and vise versa

Reach4

Reaction score
You might try posting a sketch to illustrate what you are describing.

I presume you are asking if your proposed revised routing is good.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any horizontal sections must maintain at least the 1/4"/foot slope downwards, but other than that, the only other limitation is the number of changes of direction...exceed a certain amount, and you're required to have a cleanout.

If the old 90-degree elbow wasn't a long-sweep, that may have been the source of the problem, but carefully check that you have proper slope along the ENTIRE run, or there could be standing waste/water in the line that would slow things down and precipitate a clog.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks