Relocating Propane tank for pool spa - anything I should be aware of?

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I want to replace and relocate the propane tank for my pool spa heater.

The current "rented" tank (about 120gal) is above ground so the feed line from the tank is above the height of the spa heater inlet.

I want to buy a larger tank (maybe 250 gal) and have it installed underground. The new underground location is about twice the distance from the heater as the current tank (new location is about 50ft from heater).

Is there anything I need to be aware of - or is this a typical, no-problem, installation?
Can I have a manifold of some sort installed so I can add my grill and maybe a fire-pit at some later date?

Thanks

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Sure HJ.
I just wanted some thought/ideas on this project so I can have an intelligent discussion with the installer.
I see a lot of posts on failed jobs (especially on the John Bridge forum (tiling/shower jobs)) because the owner didn't know enough about the proper way the work "should be done" to ask the right questions or spot a bad installer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks