Relocated Kitchen Sink Options

Users who are viewing this thread

rjking2112

Reaction score
Hi there, I am doing a kitchen remodel and would like some inputs into best option for plumbing the new sink. To help me sort through my thoughts I came up with the following sketch. I am thinking that I have three options. I am leaning towards Option 1 since it is easiest and makes sense to me since I have a vent upstream the the previous sink wyed into. Thoughts? I live in NH and my city (Nashua) adopted IPC 2000.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 144

Reach4

Reaction score
EDITED:
This venting is not allowed to go horizontal below 6 inches above the flood level of the kitchen sink. You pretty much will need an AAV.

With AAV, I think #1 is OK under IPC if you increase the pipe pipe size to the stack . Ideally add a cleanout above or below the sanitary tee, but the trap adapter at the wall may be sufficient cleanout.

A kitchen sink is 2 DFUs, and IPC allows a 1.5 inch pipe to carry 3 DFUs. Maybe you should increase the pipe in the floor to 2 inch downstream.

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are there any fixtures flowing into the 2" horizontal drain from the right side of the picture? If so, what?

Cheers, Wayne

rjking2112

Reaction score
Are there any fixtures flowing into the 2" horizontal drain from the right side of the picture? If so, what?

Cheers, Wayne
Nothing to the far right but there is a input for a Saniflow up flow pump in the basement for a kitchenette sink that would tie in upstream of where I want to come down from the new sink on the first floor. That’s it.

rjking2112

Reaction score
EDITED:
This venting is not allowed to go horizontal below 6 inches above the flood level of the kitchen sink. You pretty much will need an AAV.

With AAV, I think #1 is OK under IPC if you increase the pipe pipe size to the stack . Ideally add a cleanout above or below the sanitary tee, but the trap adapter at the wall may be sufficient cleanout.

A kitchen sink is 2 DFUs, and IPC allows a 1.5 inch pipe to carry 3 DFUs. Maybe you should increase the pipe in the floor to 2 inch downstream.
Do you mean I need to increase the 2” horizontal drain?

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you mean I need to increase the 2” horizontal drain?
I had missed that was a 2 inch drain under the floor. Your drawing was clear.

A 2-inch shared drain line below the floor may be sufficient after you add up the loads.

rjking2112

Reaction score
I had missed that was a 2 inch drain under the floor. Your drawing was clear.

A 2-inch shared drain line below the floor may be sufficient after you add up the loads.
Ok great. Looks like I have 6 DFU (2 sinks and the tub upstairs) so I think I’m at the max for 2”. Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks