Relocate washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Jonson

Reaction score
Hello! I want to relocate my washer. I’m on a slab foundation, and want to relocate drain 16’ away from existing drain and vent, but would like to use the existing drain and vent. This is on the same wall just moved 16’ away. Can I do this? I’ve thought of different ways this could be done. One way I thought would be cutting the existing drain pipe about 4 inches above the floor and 90 out from wall, then 90 over to run length of wall to new stand pipe with my 1/4 “ slope per foot. This would eliminate having to drill through the wall studs, and I could hide 2” drain pipe behind cabinets.
The other Way would be to cut through studs, and run behind wall, just not sure what that would do structurally. Also wonder about the vent, can I tie into the existing vent 16’ away?

Reach4

Reaction score
I want to relocate my washer. I’m on a slab foundation, and want to relocate drain 16’ away from existing drain and vent, but would like to use the existing drain and vent. This is on the same wall just moved 16’ away. Can I do this? I’ve thought of different ways this could be done. One way I thought would be cutting the existing drain pipe about 4 inches above the floor and 90 out from wall, then 90 over to run length of wall to new stand pipe with my 1/4 “ slope per foot. This would eliminate having to drill through the wall studs, and I could hide 2” drain pipe behind cabinets.
Should work fine. Coming out with a 45 to a 90 would be even better. I think you could use a medium sweep 90 for this horizontal to vertical transition, although long sweeps are best.

Also wonder about the vent, can I tie into the existing vent 16’ away?
Yes. 6 inches or more above the standpipe opening. Otherwise use an AAV.

Best to use a "combo" to attach the vent or AAV to the horizontal pipe.

Sketch your plan and post before starting construction. Less ambiguity and more eyes to check that way.

I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks