Reline, CIPP, cure in place, Cast Iron Sewage Pipes Inside House

Users who are viewing this thread

MarshallMattDillon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
New homeowner of a house built in 1960. This site has been a lot of help.

We have cast iron sewage pipes inside the house that drain from all the bathrooms. The pipes I can see look ok from the outside, but we know they are old.

We are considering having our main sewer line to the street replaced with CIPP (or trenchless repair). Both neighbors have had it done, so we know our time is coming.

Do you think it is worthwhile to have relining done to the cast iron inside the house as well? I would hate to see the newly renovated bathroom torn up because of an old pipe.

Overall, how long does cast iron last? Various sites say 50-100 years. That is a big span.

Should relining/CIPP be done as a preventative measure?

Has anyone done this? Good or bad results? What is a ballpark cost for a 2 story colonial, 2 full baths, one half?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks