Refrigerator water line shutoff valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Kdubb

Reaction score
Folks, I need help with this issue. Just ran a line from my reverse osmosis to the refrigerator and I'm trying to detach the old line and install the new one. Went to shut the water off back there and found this valve. I've made about 5-6 clockwise turns trying to shut it off but I've still got full pressure from the refrigerator dispenser, please advise. Thanks.

refrigerator water line valve.jpg

Kdubb

Reaction score
Terry, thanks a ton. Probably obvious to everyone else but without the handle and a stop on the 1/4 turn it was perplexing to me. Thanks again.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some 1/4-turn valves have a stop, some do not. When they do not, the flat generally indicates flow or blocking. When you run into one that has no stop, it's probably a 1/4-turn valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks