Redoing plumbing lines coming from pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Darryl Miller

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and looking for some advice before I dive in. I have all the tools and experience in soldering pipes, but I know there is much more than that to make sure things are done correctly so I am hoping for a bit of input.

We recently had a water softener installed by a plumber working under reliance and seeing as how some of the fittings are installed it looks like they are pulling on the pipes (specifically the shark elbow pieces). All the flex tubing seen in the picture were installed by the plumber going to and from the water softener.

I have marked a a red line in picture one where the copper tubes use to connect before the water softener. It seems like a lot of unnecessary bends on the line and I wanted to simplify it, but the soldering connections are so messy and the blue cold water valve going to the hot water tank leaks if not in the exact right position, so I wanted to replace this as well. I was thinking of cutting where I have indicated with the yellow line setting it up as seen in Picture 4 (excuse the crude illustration). With it set up like this I could run all lines straight without having to bend the flexible hoses and pulling on the copper pipes.

Open to suggestions to minimize and declutter.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Fitting.jpg
    Fitting.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 146
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks