Red Jacket Hydro Servant replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Keith45

Reaction score
Good morning,
My problem is:
Hydro Servant no longer avaible, looking for recommendation for replacements.
Well is setup with 3 x 1" - Model 188 - 208 valves, 2 valve removed due to leaking 1 left.

My system specs are:
GRUNDFOS 4†S/Steel Submersible Pump Model 25S15-9, 1 1/2 HP - 25 GPM - Supply Line 11/2â€
GRUNDFOS Control Box - SA-SPM4
Model 82 456905
Well Rite well tank Model WR260R
Total tank volume 85 gals / 315 liters

Well Feeds:
1 1/2†line to the 40 Horse Barn
3/4†line - Open Loop - 12 GPM to 4 Ton Geothermal Heating / Cooling System
3/4†line to the house
Pump starts at 40 psi - shuts off at 70 psi
Thank you for any help you could offer.
Keith

Keith45

Reaction score
Red Jacket Hydro Servant

Thank you Valveman for your reply
Is there any advantge or disadvantage to using the 1" CSV1Z, -1 to 25 GPM vs 1 1/4" CSV2W - 5 to 50 GPM. My pump is rated @ 25 GPM.
Thank you
Keith

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 1.5 HP, 25 GPM pump is a low head, high volume pump. You can't afford much friction loss with that pump. That is why you had multiple Hydro Servant valves, trying to keep the friction loss down. With the CSV1Z the friction loss would cause that pump to deliver a maximum of about 23 GPM. The larger CSV2W will have less friction loss and that pump can deliver the full 25 GPM when needed. Trying to run at maximum flow is the only time you would notice a difference between these two valves. If you never use more than 22 or 23 GPM, you won't notice any difference. Anytime you use more than 22 GPM, the CSV2W would give you a few extra gallons.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks