Red Jacket Control Box

Users who are viewing this thread

wellness

Reaction score
Hello, debugged for three hours and finally understand how this well pump system work....I have a bad relay in the control box....its a GE 3arr3 ea5b1 relay....the control box is a red jacket...

Anyone knows where I can buy this relay or a replacement part for it....I searched online but cant find anything.....thanks in advance....

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
For just the relay, it looks like e-bay has a few starting around $10.00

That relay looks like it has been discontinued in production.

Good Luck.

wellness

Reaction score
For just the relay, it looks like e-bay has a few starting around $10.00

That relay looks like it has been discontinued in production.

Good Luck.

thanks....I looked but I only see other GE relays...is there something compat with mine....any chance you can send me a link...thanks

DonL

Reaction score

Reach4

Reaction score
A new control box not only gets you a new relay, it gets you a replacement start capacitor. Those have limited life. They can be replaced but figure $20 or $30 for just that.

wellness

Reaction score
I would go with a new control box but I don't know the HP of the pump....its in the well :)

thanks for the spec file, it was informative....only need two more data points, pickup and operating voltages of this relay and I can buy a replacement....

DonL

Reaction score
I would go with a new control box but I don't know the HP of the pump....its in the well :)

thanks for the spec file, it was informative....only need two more data points, pickup and operating voltages of this relay and I can buy a replacement....

The control box should have the ratings on it.

How did you determine that the relay is bad ?

wellness

Reaction score
I measured the impedance across the coil....its open....based on the rating, it should read 1.5K to 3K ohms...let me check the panel again for the rating....

btw, the running cap was bad also....got a new one already

wellness

Reaction score
why is this so complicated...there is no spec on the pump on the control panel...there is a list of models on the panel but you have to check the power impedance to determine what model the pump is....

based on the reading, its a 50R1....however, cant find anything on this model number....any ideas...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks