Reconnect Sprinker System

Users who are viewing this thread

Mika Estrella

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new home and the entire front yard was covered in gravel . I've removed all gravel and sprinkler heads and such are all still in place but not connected to the water . The previous owner disconnected something and I can't figure out what it is ?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You haven't given enough information to help much. You need to find out where the water came from. If it is city water, there should be a backflow preventer where the irrigation comes off of the domestic line. Even if no backflow, there would be a valve. If source is from a private well, you should find a valve or cap where the line splits off. There is a control box somewhere that has electrical valves for the sprinkler zones. It just is a matter of trouble shooting by tracing out these things.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Searching for the spot where the previous owner disconnected the pipes is as much work as putting in a new system. Unless of course you stumbled into it by accident.

If it's an old system, consider replacing. Old pipes develop leaks. It's your call.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks