Recommended dishwasher for tankless??

Users who are viewing this thread

locus123

Reaction score
So we already made one mistake when we had our Whirlpool Duet Sport HE washer installed, then realized that the way it constantly turns on and turns off doesn't allow it to draw any hot water from the tankless.

Is there a recommended dishwasher for those of us with tankless water heaters? I was going to go for the Bosch Evolution 300, but even Bosch doesn't recommend it. Even if not "recommended", what about those out there with tankless - do their dishwashers do a decent job? are there any that are known to work well?

locus123

Reaction score
Just as a test, I turned on my kitchen tap from cold, and it took 1.37 gallons (22 cups) of cold water before the hot was hot. That was with the tap on full.

I also checked the tankless, and it will fire once 0.66gpm are flowing through it. Obviously, any device attached to it shouldn't draw at a rate less than that. The device should also draw "constantly" or in chunks at a time, and not tiny little sips since the tankless needs that second to fire itself up (this is what kills our HE clothes washer).

Some dishwashers have a flow water heater which should pump the temperature up, but the Bosch's also use the hot water for a condensation drying process, and that's where they say the tankless will falter.

ChuckS

Reaction score
It'd be best to have a dishwasher to heat the water if you have a tankless. We turn on the kitchen facet until the water gets hot then tun on the diswasher. At least they wash with hot water.

Jallengri

Reaction score
We feel your pain...I tried piping the supply line to the washer directly from the boiler . No going through the whole house plumbing to demand a little water.Also my D/W has a heater in it as well,it raises the temp by 10 degrees.hope this helps.jallengri

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Ah the wonderful issues of owning a tankless water heater. I have heard many people having to turn the water on at the kitchen faucet to get it running hot so the dishwasher can get hot water. Yes many dishwashers have a heating element to get the water hotter than the supplied water, but they are not really meant to do straight cold water. Best suggestion I can give is save your money and wash the dishes by hand. Other than that, you will have to plumb in a small electric heater to handle the dishwasher and clothes washing machine short cycles.

Blazer45

Reaction score
Any dishwasher will work that can be installed on a cold water supply that is, the dishwasher has internal water heating that is assured of reaching the target temperature. Some dishwashers have a booster heater, but are time-limited and don't necessarily reach the target temperature if the incoming water isn't hot enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks