Recommendation for push pop up bathroom sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakester

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for a push click type bathroom sink drain with overflow, I would like metal /brass material, something that will be good quality and solid. I visited our local Home Depot and couldn't find anything decent.

What would you guys recommend?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Let your fingers do the walking...
hddrain.png

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Danco is not on my list of preferred manufactures. I think they're a bit cheap.

I am also very leary of anything found online that isn't from a reputable manufacture.

If you want to go cheap and you don't value your time, by all means purchase some knock off and gamble whether you will need to replace it sooner than later.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm holding that exact drain body in my hand at this very moment. Its nice mostly brass construction where it needs to be. Tightens with a screwdriver from the top.

Jakester

Reaction score
I'm holding that exact drain body in my hand at this very moment. Its nice mostly brass construction where it needs to be. Tightens with a screwdriver from the top.

How would you say it compares to Kohler, Brizo or even Delta? I do really like the Kohler one but they are on the pricey side.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
While researching for one of my projects that utilizes a european sink with a larger diameter drain connection, I decided to mock up that HG and the Brizo/Delta assembly. The HG is 1.75" diameter where the Delta is 1.5".

The picture shows the HG sitting much higher than the Delta..

Next, I mocked them into a Kohler Caxton sink that has a more typical diameter drain connection.. The HG did not seat down all the way and the flange did not contact the sink.

sink drains.jpg sink drains 2.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
1-1/4 is the fitting connection. The body where it sits in the sink drain is larger at 1-7/8"

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, that is the one in my pictures. We use them all the time in our remodel projects and can't think of any that I've had to warranty. They're all brass construction and you can easily take them completely apart to clean them.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Kohler is a cast brass body but the working clicker is plastic.. Have had one fail recently, but don't know the details of why. But the parts are removable and maintainable.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Correct. All the components are brass construction. For a typical bath sink I think I'm voting for the Delta. For european spec sinks, the HG fits the hole better.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Correct. All the components are brass construction. For a typical bath sink I think I'm voting for the Delta. For european spec sinks, the HG fits the hole better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks