Recommendation for a larger gentleman

Users who are viewing this thread

Broklynite

Reaction score
Well I'm finally living the dream, getting a home of my own, and by god I want a throne that fits me. There are 2 full baths, so I get mine and she gets hers. That's means I get to customize mine to my needs.

I am 6'4". I am so very tired of little teeny bowls that I need to do gymnastics in order to fit on them to do my business. I'm also tired of tucking, and of feeling cold water/porcelain on my junk. I also hate dealing with clogged toilets, which I have to handle at least a couple of times a week. My old apartment had a hardcore pressurized toilet that never clogged once in twenty years.

Does there exist some kind of bowl that is large, oval, has a straight down front (rather than something like an office toilet that comes in sharply) with generous space in front, and preferably is pressurized?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
highline-pa-ken.jpg

The Kohler K-3493 is a pressure assist 1.6 in a comfort height. That pretty much handles what you are asking for.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, I avoid pressure assisted toilets. IMHO, if the toilet is designed well, and your pipes are installed per code, it isn't needed. A gravity flush is simpler, quieter, and works. Not all toilets are created equal...some of the older 1.6g ones, and even some of the transition 3.5g ones flush much worse than the newest 1g ones! Kohler stuff sometimes tends to go its own way in a NIH (not invented here) sense...they can't seem to find a good system and stick with it making repair parts sometimes hard to find down the road because of the constant changes they make.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Well I'm finally living the dream, getting a home of my own, and by god I want a throne that fits me. There are 2 full baths, so I get mine and she gets hers. That's means I get to customize mine to my needs.

I am 6'4". I am so very tired of little teeny bowls that I need to do gymnastics in order to fit on them to do my business. I'm also tired of tucking, and of feeling cold water/porcelain on my junk. I also hate dealing with clogged toilets, which I have to handle at least a couple of times a week. My old apartment had a hardcore pressurized toilet that never clogged once in twenty years.

Does there exist some kind of bowl that is large, oval, has a straight down front (rather than something like an office toilet that comes in sharply) with generous space in front, and preferably is pressurized?

I have experienced all the things you mention (being tall, experiencing clogs, getting unexpected baths). I have been very satisfied with my 3 Totos. Tall enough, elongated shape, don't clog, and plenty of distance between the seat and the water level.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks