Recommend Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

keptfree

Reaction score
I’m currently renting a Kinetico softener and an unbranded reverse osmosis unit for $75 a month from the same company.

My water is 25 hardness and .5 iron on well water. I use a Culligan sediment filter before the softener. Dealer is quoting $3,488 to buy a Kinetico unit and $1,688 to purchase a Kinetico reverse osmosis unit.

The Fleck 5600 48,000 is $600 on Amazon. The iSpring RCC7 is under $200 on Amazon. There are only three of us in a one bath, small home. What would you suggest in my situation? Should I keep renting at those prices or purchase the Fleck and iSpring? And is that the correct Fleck size that I would need?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The rental seems reasonable and they are totally responsible for all repairs and maintenance. I would avoid the ultra low cost resellers of softeners and RO's online. Many companies will offer a system that is not built solely based on being the lowest rice and for a couple hundred bucks more you can get very high end equipment.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks