Recommend me kitchen and bathroom faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Questions1

Reaction score
I called on the plumber today. I showed him the leak under the kitchen faucet. He told me the faucet is in bad condition with so may yellowish and rusts and this is why there is leak. He told me the best thing is to replace it with a new one . He also told me the my bathroom faucet is fine for now and for sometime but it will start to leak slowly as it is too is rusty under and on the edges. He told me moen brands are supposed to last longer due to good quality but since we are a family living here and using the kitchen faucet heavily, it is why it has become what it is. My current kitchen facets is also bit too short . It is bit too close to the wall and when I wash dish in the kitchen sink water splashes on the wall . I forgot to ask him busying guide . I also forgot to ask him about the kitchen sink or wash basin which looks bad and on bad shape when you look at the edges . Can any sink wash basin work with any kitchen faucet? How do I buy a sink that will fit and a faucet that will work well with the sink? Do they Sell sink with the faucet combo. Also regarding the faucet I see many onHome Depot that says one hole three hole etc. I don’t know what that means. . I am looking for pull down kitchen faucet type for my bathroom And just regular faucet in bathroom with one handle for both hot and cold. Please recommend me good brand quality . My max budget for kitchen faucet is $150 and max budget for two bathroom faucet is $50 each. I don’t know how much should a sink cost? Thanks

C5193D80-819F-464A-B093-934F405F478C.jpeg
329EDE79-6AE5-497A-B084-A9D9A5217759.jpeg
0DC82716-A4A8-483B-8C7A-931C594173A7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I happen to like Delta but Moen also stands 100% behind their products. I would NOT consider a big box store for plumbing supplies

Questions1

Reaction score
I happen to like Delta but Moen also stands 100% behind their products. I would NOT consider a big box store for plumbing supplies
Is it the sink bad or the green fake marble part , the over the counter ? You can see tiny gaps. I need kitchen faucet but what about the sink ?

Bannerman

Reaction score
You can see tiny gaps.
I suspect you are referring to the sealant installed between the counter and your under-counter mount sink rim.

Perhaps removing and resetting the sink will resolve your issue or, leave the sink in-place and install an appropriate sealant into the joint between the two.

Questions1

Reaction score
I bought the kitchen sink faucet and bathroom faucets pics below. The Home Depot guy told me bathroom faucet need two of the pipes pictured . How are they?

as-fairbury.jpg

delta-foudations-lav-faucet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Your question on one hole versus three on a sink. Many of the more modern faucets are single handle, and they generally can use a single hole in the sink. On a kitchen sink you may also want a hole for a sprayer or maybe a soap dispenser, so more holes may be useful. If the valve you choose is wide-set, it will need the three holes. There are some standards on how the holes are spaced, and some, if the handles are not part of the spout, can be set much wider, so you need to be careful about the valve/sink combination you choose, as the next valve will have to be similar. There are some adapters you can use to cover the extra holes for some, but not all.

A vanity faucet is the same way...some single handle ones only need a single hole...sometimes, they can come with or have an optional, wider base to fit over the other holes that may be there.

Many of the Delta valve designs have a feature some love, but I personally don't...most of them recenter the handle when you shut it off. IMHO, that puts some extra wear on the seals, and, if the single handle one can stay where you left it when you push it back off, the next time you'll get the same temperature. Probably a minor point in the wear, but I find it annoying. One of my sisters, on the other hand, is obsessive, compulsive, and wants the handle to end up 'straight'. FOr me, brushing my teeth, drawing some water to take a pill, I'd just prefer it stay over at cold where I left it, and not have it want to be warm each time! I can swivel it to warm anytime, but normally am just using cold.

Questions1

Reaction score
Your question on one hole versus three on a sink. Many of the more modern faucets are single handle, and they generally can use a single hole in the sink. On a kitchen sink you may also want a hole for a sprayer or maybe a soap dispenser, so more holes may be useful. If the valve you choose is wide-set, it will need the three holes. There are some standards on how the holes are spaced, and some, if the handles are not part of the spout, can be set much wider, so you need to be careful about the valve/sink combination you choose, as the next valve will have to be similar. There are some adapters you can use to cover the extra holes for some, but not all.

A vanity faucet is the same way...some single handle ones only need a single hole...sometimes, they can come with or have an optional, wider base to fit over the other holes that may be there.

Many of the Delta valve designs have a feature some love, but I personally don't...most of them recenter the handle when you shut it off. IMHO, that puts some extra wear on the seals, and, if the single handle one can stay where you left it when you push it back off, the next time you'll get the same temperature. Probably a minor point in the wear, but I find it annoying. One of my sisters, on the other hand, is obsessive, compulsive, and wants the handle to end up 'straight'. FOr me, brushing my teeth, drawing some water to take a pill, I'd just prefer it stay over at cold where I left it, and not have it want to be warm each time! I can swivel it to warm anytime, but normally am just using cold.
What about the ones I purchased as shown in the picture?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks like the kitchen faucet can be mounted in a single hole sink unless you want a hole for some other accessory. If your sink has more holes that you aren't going to need, they may sell an optional (might be included) wide plate to cover them. The vanity faucet needs, I think, three holes: hot, cold, and probably the sink stopper in the middle. Some of those may need that middle hole also to feed the spout, but I think that one doesn't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks