Recommend me a WH, Mixing valve, and circ pump/thermostat please

Users who are viewing this thread

sherrod624

Reaction score
I'm to the point in the building of my home to install the water heater. I would like a professional opinion on brands or what to use that will hold up over time. its a 3br/3bath house with a large master shower, 2 shower heads with separate controls, rain head, and handheld. I plan on a 50gal electric tank water heater with a mixing valve and a circ pump. I ran a 1 in main supply w/ a 3/4 return for the hot water loop. I hope it circulates it self being that my water heater is in the basement but I'm prepared to install a pump if it doesn't.

thanks for the help

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"Bigger" is NOT always better, when it comes to a recirculation line. Whether it circulates itself depends ENTIRELY on how you installed the piping. IF there are any "up and down" sections it will NOT do it.

sherrod624

Reaction score
"Bigger" is NOT always better, when it comes to a recirculation line. Whether it circulates itself depends ENTIRELY on how you installed the piping. IF there are any "up and down" sections it will NOT do it.

I piped everything with pex and nailed it up every 4ft keeping it as straight as possible

I tried to keep the supply flat and sloped the return downhill. I could easily change to a 1/2" line for the return if that would be better?

When I was doing the plumbing, I couldn't find much information online about the "self" looping. I probably didn't know what to call it to research it.

I'm also assuming that when I pipe up the water heater, I don't pipe in a "heat trap" so that the water will loop on its own. Is that correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks