Recessed cast iron heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Miss.E

Reaction score
IMG_1523.JPG
Hello - Not sure if this is a tad out of the ordinary for this group but need some help with my heaters.
Does anyone know a company or someone to contact that can clean out all the dust and gunk from inside? It's an older house and we had renovations done so I see surface debris, think cleaning them out will give better heat output and air quality.
Also does anyone know where I can get the bottom grills?
Thank you for the help!

Erico

Reaction score
Probably a handyman for cleaning?

Re: replacements. I would look for a used radiator seller/rehabber. I found one here in Chicago via a sandblasted I use. I'm sure there are plenty of used radiator dealers in NY.

If you can't find a replacement, you could have something made or make something yourself from stock available at box stores like this. There are several patterns that would be fairly easy to fabricate and paint to match.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Buil...eet-Silver-57166/202091746?keyword=Tin+grates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks