Received 2 version of Toto Eco Drake tank

Users who are viewing this thread

GoogleNow

Reaction score
We received 2 version of the tank with different flush valve and wonder, what is the main difference in functionality/feature? Should we try to get one over the other? Pic attached.

Attachments

• 20170923_211713.jpg
    20170923_211713.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 20170923_211626.jpg
    20170923_211626.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 427

Reach4

Reaction score
The one with the red flapper is a 1.28 GPF. The one with the white flush tower is 1.0 GPF.

Is that tank for the 1.28 broken?

I expect that some might prefer the 1.28 and some might prefer the 1.0.

GoogleNow

Reaction score
The one with the red flapper is a 1.28 GPF. The one with the white flush tower is 1.0 GPF.

Is that tank for the 1.28 broken?

I expect that some might prefer the 1.28 and some might prefer the 1.0.

Yeah, one broke during shipping which we will be returning.

The 1.0 one has 1.28gpf printed in the tank though, but certainly like the 1.0 to conserve.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
That 743ET tank is 1.28 gpf.

E for 1.28, T for flush Tower.

The 743E tank has a flapper. The 743ET has a flush tower.

The box probably just says 743E on all the tanks. I think the ET is an internal designation at the moment.

1.0 has the designation of U in the model number of the tank and of the bowl. And I don't think the original Drake comes with a U tank. (But they're changing all the time so don't hold me to it.)

The flush tower is a new thing on the 1.28gpf tanks. I like the flapper, but Terry says the flush tower works well.

The 1.0s have a much-more-complicated water-dispensing deal that isn't really a flush tower; it has a cable that operates it that is connected to the handle. Totally-different setup. It's not a rod-and-chain thingy.

I am also interested to see that Toto no longer pre-installs the tank-to-bowl bolts. When I bought my Drakes, no matter where they were made, they came with the tank-to-bowl bolts inserted through the porcelain with the right washers in the right places, and single-nutted already at a pretty-good torque, so all one had to do was check they were snug enough with a quarter-turn, put them in the holes in the bowl and spin on the second set of washers and nuts for a proper double-nutted installation. The instructions said how to install them as if they weren't already there, but they were. I thought that was smart. I guess they no longer think that that's smart.

st743st-inside-tank-1.jpg

TOTO ST743ST with tower

Last edited by a moderator:

GoogleNow

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the tower one is made in USA, while the flapper one is made in Mexico. I am leaning to get the one made in usa i guess, though I think they are both fine.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Toto is one manufacturer where the tolerances and quality control are essentially the same at every one of their factories It really doesn't matter where the thing is made, and you don't usually have any control over it. If you order a CST744E, the supplier is gonna provide a C744E bowl and an ST743E tank. Toto considers them to be fungible, no matter where they were made and no matter which design of fill valve and which design of flush valve are in it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks