Rebuilding Price Phister Avante Single Shower Hot/Cold Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jayme101007

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I also replaced the integral valves. The right one is the hot side and the left one is the cold side. However, I wouldn't recommend touching the integral valves if they are not leaking.

View attachment 32983
I just wanted to turn my water off at the integral to swap with my new cartridge - since 1/2 my building loses water to shut off my units water supply (slab leak lesson learned) but I can't budge mine. Advice? I don't want to strip the screwdriver slot as its already becoming misshapen.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it's on the hot side, you can turn off the water supply to your water heater. If you have a central water heater, you may be best not touching that, and shutting down the building. If things go South, it could get messy.

Eddie24

Reaction score
View attachment 33086
I just wanted to turn my water off at the integral to swap with my new cartridge - since 1/2 my building loses water to shut off my units water supply (slab leak lesson learned) but I can't budge mine. Advice? I don't want to strip the screwdriver slot as its already becoming misshapen.

Hi wondering how you solved the problem where the atop screw wouldn't turn. I have the same problem and live in a 42 story condo complex! I'd have to shut the water down to 1/3 of the floors if I cannot get it unstuck. Any help is appreciated

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks