Rebuilding Bathroom, got a closet question

Users who are viewing this thread

AK-Maxx

Reaction score
I flooded my bathroom one day filtering water for my fishtank, it's been ugly for about 2 months now and I'm ready to gut it out and install all new bathroom fixtures.
There is a closet in the bathroom, it comes down about a foot from the ceiling, and about 3" on either side of the wall. Can I remove the closet and have the walls and ceiling all flush with the rest of the bathroom? I know there will be sheetrock work involved, but I'll be doing that when I replace the tub/shower.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
closet

Probably not load bearing, but only an inspection can tell for sure. The bigger question is whether there is a reason they dropped the ceiling in the closet. It is not normally done unless the closet is so small that the extra foot would not have been accessible anyway, but still not a good reason to go to the work of framing the dropped area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks